THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
Times: From 6.30pm tours leave every 15 mins until 7.15pm
Step back in time and take a guided tour through the streets of Dublin 8’s Liberties’ Quarter. Guinness has been a defining influence in this area since Arthur Guinness famously signed the lease on the St. James’s Gate site in 1759. Journey through these historic streets and see the images from the Guinness Archive projected onto the buildings, telling tales of local heritage, industry and ways of life. Along the way, the guides will also show you contemporary Dublin as you pop into the areas nooks and crannies to meet some of today’s locals who live and work in the vicinity.
Starting at St. Patrick’s Cathedral the tour will weave its way along Thomas Street towards its final destination, the Guinness Storehouse. Here, guests will enjoy a private tour and tasting experience at the Home of Guinness.
1. Michael McDermott - Formerly le cool, now editor of Totally Dublin
2. Sharon Greene - Runs Dublin Flea Market, a conservation expert
3. Mark Jenkins - Local area historian, runs Old Eire twitter
4. David Dunn - group facilitator, tour guide, colleague of Sharon Green
5. John Mahon - TheLocals.ie