We are looking to support and nurture budding, emerging artists practising in the Irish oral tradition artistic forms; traditional singing, storytelling and poetry.
Successful applicants will enjoy a day of mentoring and networking at St. Patrick’s Festival HQ with some of Ireland’s leading oral traditions artists.
The Abair-Naisc workshop day will provide applicants with a space to learn and nurture their crafts. In addition to attending the workshop, successful applicants will receive a once-off stipend of €250 to cover their own expenses, please note that this amount is subject to tax. The stipend will be granted to each successful applicant by St. Patrick’s Festival via the Arts Council Traditional Arts Fund. All catering and meeting spaces during the workshop will also be organised and supplied by St Patrick’s Festival.
Complete the application form here.
Application process opens 30th September 2022
Application deadline 16th October 2022
Notification of successful applicants; applicants to accept offer 19th October 2022
4th November 2022
A judging panel will be assessing the information provided on the application form and the applicant experience.
Applicants will be informed by email if they are successful/unsuccessful. All decisions are final, no feedback will be given to unsuccessful applications and there will be no appeals process.
Successful applicants will be expected to attend the workshop date as detailed in their application.
A member of the St. Patrick’s Festival Team will work as a liaison to the artists to provide communication and answer any queries that might arise during the process.
Successful applicants will enjoy a day of mentoring and networking at St. Patrick’s Festival HQ with some of Ireland’s leading traditional singers and storytellers.
We will work together with each successful applicant to maximise their learning experience, with a view to participating in St. Patrick’s Festival in March 2023.
· Applications will be accepted between 30th September and 10th October 2022 at 5pm. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
· Applications should be filled online by clicking here.
Any questions or issues about the application form can be emailed to email@example.com
· This fund is open to applications from all traditional artists on the island of Ireland.
· Applicants must be aged 18 years or older and must have a PPSN number and a bank account to their name
· The workshop is a one-off day; funding is not transferable.
· Only one application can be submitted per artist.
· St. Patrick’s Festival accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the entries(s). Incomplete, inaudible or illegible entries will be disqualified. St. Patrick’s Festival shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or any other barriers preventing entry to any competition.
· Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.